Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 20
Overview The Harper Insider was a monthly publication put out by the Harper College Communications Office for the college community of faculty and staff. The newsletter was focused on faculty, staff, and departmental news and accomplishments relating to the Harper College community. A recurring column called “An Insider’s View” featured a brief profile of a different employee every month.
Overview The collection contains official Harper College press releases printed on “Harper News” letterhead. In addition to announcements publicizing events taking place at the college, the press releases contain information about new programs and offerings, student and faculty achievements of note, and news about the college as a whole.
Overview Students of the credit-bearing course Journalism 235, Copy Reading and News Editing, have traditionally produced a publication over the course of a semester at Harper College. The publication originated as a newspaper called The Voice, and later was issued in magazine format, under the titles WriteNow, and then Multitudes. A single newsletter called Add One marked the transition from the newpaper format of The Voice to the magazine format of WriteNow. The Voice, WriteNow, and Multitudes are all...
Scope and Contents Point of View is the literary and visual arts magazine published by the students of Harper College. The art forms included vary by year, but generally included are: poetry, short stories, essays, photographs, and drawings.
Scope and Contents Sound recordings of lectures, speeches, graduations, and workshops, primarily from Harper College.
Scope and Contents The collection contains student handbooks and datebooks for Harper College. The handbooks serve as a guide to the college with information on student services, academic requirements, college policies, campus facilities, the academic calendar and other topics related to student life. The datebooks are calendars with campus events listed accompanied by a directory of campus offices, information on student services, and helpful information designed for students. After the merger of the two...
Overview The Edge was a publication of the Harper College Industry Services Department, Division of Continuing Education and Program Services. The newsletter consisted of short articles promoting various Harper College continuing education programs and community events geared toward businesses and working people.
Scope and Contents Directories of the faculty and staff at Harper College.
Scope and Contents The records in this collection document the life of William Rainey Harper and the role he played in the development and maturation of higher education in the United States. Also documented are the academic achievements of Dr. Harper and members of his family.
- College student newspapers and periodicals 2
- College students' writings, American -- Illinois -- Palatine 2
- College teachers 1
- College teachers' unions 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Community college trustees -- Illinois -- Palatine 1
- Cultural artifacts 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Diplomas 1
- Directories 1
- Education, Higher -- United States -- Finance 1
- Education, Higher -- United States -- History 1
- Fashion design 1
- Fashion drawing 1
- Fashion shows 1
- Journalism, College 1
- Lectures 1
- Open reel audiotapes 1
- Referendum 1
- Sketchbooks & albums 1
- Small colleges -- United States -- Finance 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Teachers 1
- Teaching 1
- Universities and colleges -- Accreditation -- United States 1
- William Rainey Harper College -- Curricula -- Catalogs 1
- William Rainey Harper College -- Funds and scholarships. 1
- William Rainey Harper College -- Students -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1 ∧ less
- William Rainey Harper College 6
- Lahti, Robert E. 2
- Anderson, Jack, 1922-2005 1
- Bailey, F. Lee (Francis Lee), 1933- 1
- Brothers, Joyce 1
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 1
- Chautauqua Institution 1
- Ellis, Albert, 1913-2007 1
- George, Dan, 1899-1981 1
- Harper, William Rainey, 1856-1906 1
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- 1
- Muskingum College 1
- Nader, Ralph 1
- Plimpton, George 1
- Price, George W. , 1929 1
- Reasoner, Harry, 1923-1991 1
- Spock, Benjamin, 1903-1998 1
- Taylor, Maxwell D. (Maxwell Davenport), 1901-1987 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Communications Office 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Department of Publications and Communications 1
- William Rainey Harper College. English Department 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Faculty 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Fashion Design and Fashion Merchandising Program 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Honors Society 1
- William Rainey Harper College. Learning Assistance Center 1
- Woodward, Bob, 1943- 1 ∧ less